Friday, April 19, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD

Re:ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD 14 years 8 months ago #129

• ap2aum
i think this will be awesome. one limitation though....we dont have 10 meter setup here... its either vhf/vhf repeater or uhf/vhf repeater. i think we should set it up as soon as possible and would link my cross band repeater to it.

@ MIZ.....thanks for helping me with the link. i would wait for it and would be willing to bear any expenses related to it.

73s
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD 14 years 7 months ago #140

Dear Asad Bhai
Assalam-o-alaikum.Hope you will be fine.I am uploading a picture which may explain to an extent the echolink network which we may setup at your end and faisalabad as per our discussion.

Further details may be discussed on the forum or via email.Hope we will be able to setup echolink on your side and faisalabad on coming weekend insha allah.

Wishing all the best to you and yours.
73's and Allah hafiz de

Ismail / ap2miz
Attachments:
Muhammad Ismail Zahid
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
0333-6589554
Last Edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Muhammad Ismail Zahid AP2MIZ.

Re:ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD 14 years 7 months ago #142

Dear Admin
Assalam-o-alaikum.Thanks for your reply.I will be available to pars and all the ap hams for the echolink setup and technical support including wireless communication and equipment hookup to the echolink any time.

If you let me know what kind of equipment do you have at your end then I may able to make an interface for it.

It is possible to link all the cities of Pakistan togather for the hams when hf conditions fail.All ap hams can be brought into contact around the clock through out the year.

Ismail / ap2miz

0302-6076579
Muhammad Ismail Zahid
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
0333-6589554

Re:ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD 14 years 7 months ago #145

• Khalid Shoaib AP2MKS
PARS executive committee has been observing posts re. EchoLink experiments. The matter has been discussed and concluded that;

1. EchoLink can’t be counted as a HAM activity as it is partly through a media which can not be declared as "Radio Communication". That is the reason for not including EchoLink in the contests conducted by various societies world wide.
2. However, PARS supports the idea of using EchoLink in following two conditions,
a. In case of a national emergency or disaster, where it is difficult to use HF for long distance communication, specially for the individuals scattered in a wide area of operation. To prepare for such conditions, experiments are supported but it should not be used for regular skeds.
b. In case of individuals located in various parts of country limited to HF only due to;
i. having no access to PARS repeater
ii. Have no HAM in the surrounding to help in conducting VHF experiments.
3. All EchoLink experiments involving a repeater must be notified formally to PARS in advance covering full technical details. Upon PARS approval, the details will be shared will all HAMs through web & local skeds so that every one can equally participate in the experiments for better results through proper feed back in a constructive manner.

73’s

Khalid Shoaib AP2MKS
Secretary PARS.
Last Edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Khalid Shoaib AP2MKS.

Re:ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD 14 years 7 months ago #148

• Khalid Shoaib AP2MKS
A very good precedent for use of EchoLink, in case of emergcy was set by Thai & Sri Lankan HAMs in Tsunami;

"For international communications, the hams mostly used Echolink, the voice over IP (VoIP) network exclusively for radio hams that also provides for text messages to be sent and exchanged.
Based in Bangkok, HS1WFK, Phat, (Phatandit Kulaphaichitra), operates an Echolink RF gateway between the Internet and 2 metres, and he started monitoring emergency traffic on 144.725 MHz on Sunday, Dec 26, after learning of the disaster."

for complete article,

www.hs1wfk.net/reliefwork.html

73's

Khalid Shoaib AP2MKS
Last Edit: 14 years 7 months ago by Khalid Shoaib AP2MKS.

Re:ECHOLINK COMMUNICATION- ( AP2ZAF) FAISALABAD 14 years 7 months ago #156

• ap2aum
finally i have received my validation and software downloaded. will pick up the hardware from ap2sp tomorrow and will be up and running on echolink on saturday afternoon.

will keep you updated and will pass on the details for a group qso once i am done with the test phase.

73s
ap2aum
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds