Friday, March 29, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2 meter 5 element yagi

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 5 months ago #242

can you send me your email address and i will forward the documents. i am having difficulties uploading pdf documents.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 5 months ago #244

please send it on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 5 months ago #245

documents sent.

Please note that a basic vhf swr meter is needed to trim the quarterwave stub. You will get the vswr down to 1.1:1 quite easily.

You need following items:

4 electrical conducts. 25mm white pvc pipes.
RG-8/213 to carry the vhf signal.

1x reflector
1x driver, quarter wave 75ohm coax, rg213 feed.
1x director 1.
1x director 2.
2x director 3,4 (these are same dimensions are director 2) if you intend to make it into 6 element.

My experience on hf and vhf. 4 elements are tremendously powerful and you can do lot more vs yagi. Only downside with hf is the 3 dimensional model which makes it tricky.

For 40m etc, what i did was to use delta structures and have a single boom. Off the boom I had these 2 elements come off as a driver and reflector spread out using nylon strings. It worked very well.

Quads are just great and very forgiving. If you live in areas where aluminium tubings are an issue; then quads are the way to go. Trust me, you will not go wrong with them.
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds