Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree

Re:Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree 14 years 2 months ago #278

Just to give you all an update on the performance of repeaters at Mike area. We visited AJK last week and had the opportunity to travel upto Sharda. A beautiful valley which with the onset of winter has turned more beautiful.

Amazing performance by both the bands. i was able to talk to AP2JUR, and AP2EZ from a 140 kms away from Muzafarabad. Last year the signal almost died in Muzafarabad however this year it was a whopping 5.8 S5 and at some places even 5.9..

90% route till Kundal Shahi is covered by VHF band and at one place to our surprise and amusement :) only the UHF link was receivable. i could trigger the repeater with VHF but the tail squelch i could receive back was from UHF only. however VHF remained dominant throughout. Later on while discussing it with AP2RF i realised that UHF was only 35W whereas VHF was plus 60.

Anyhow vhf link was accessible uptill 8 kms beyond Athmuqam. then it went dead. The signal till that was prviously a dream for me atleast. This really shows how effective our setup is. One thing that we noted was that there was a bit of desensing/desensitizing on VHF and that needs to be addressed at earliest. Probably by separating the frequencies further to one notch. Repeater though was accessible from Athmuqam but it was only able to click it. Moving antennas further would not be possible hence only shifting/separating frequencies would do the trick.

We also witnessed the same phenomenon at Kutton near Kundal Shahi..... i could click but again no audio. On UHF there was no problem.

I cannot express the feelings i had when we heard AP2GH and probably AP2EZ communicating when we were at the farthest end with absolutely no other mode of communication.

Great going Pakhams.

73s
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree 14 years 2 months ago #279

Forgot to add my working environment.....

i was using alinco dual band mobile 50 w vhf 35 w UHF with a modest dual band antenna of 3 db only. The outside temperature at night was -5C and day time was 2C.

73s

Re:Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree 14 years 2 months ago #281

Good to know about a nice trip and excellent feed back of Murre main
repeater improvement last time we made with Aerial and Aerail location.
Weldone AP2AUM.

73s

ap2gh
Ghulam Hussain (AP2GH)
Mobile : 0300-8666169

Re:Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree 14 years 2 months ago #282

Dear GH,

thanks a lot for your feedback and kind comments. appreciate the ground support provided to us.

73s

Re:Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree 14 years 2 weeks ago #299

• Riffad Khan AP2RF
  • Senior Boarder
  • Excellence Combining Expertise
Yesterday ( 27 FEB ) a maintenance trip to PARS Romeo Murree was carried out by AP2RF and AP2GH .

Ground Support was available through :

1) AP2NK
2) AP2DKH
3) AP2TAJ
4) AP2DIG

We are really thankful to all these AP stations for their support.

Following improvements have been made on that Visit :

1) PARS 2M TX Coverage issue FIXED.
2) PARS 2M RX Antenna Receiving Pattern is more improved.
3) PARS 70CM Linking Repeater’s RX & coverage related issues Fixed.

The new FOX for PARS 70CM Linking Repeater is 435.050 with a CTCSS 88.5 HZ

On our way back we test 70CM signal in ISB and MW Road and it was excellent .

We have great opportunities of learning and experimentations on 70CM band that is not only sophisticated but also challenging .

Let’s explore it and share it.

73s

AP2RF
Muhammad Riffad Khalid
AP2RF

Re:Improving 2 Meter repeater at Murree 14 years 2 weeks ago #300

Further :

Mr. Tanweer Hussain (SWL) from Faisalabad was also with us
to fix all these issues. He is the man whos has installed
and replaced all TX/RX aerials cales of 2m as well as 70cm. Mr. Rehan Hussain (SWL) in Faisalabad had hlped out to make a right direction of 70cm 15 el. yagi.
All setup is working in good condition now.
lets enjoy.

73s

AP2GH
Ghulam Hussain (AP2GH)
Mobile : 0300-8666169
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds