Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PARS team conducts survey to link Multan with ISB

PARS team conducts survey to link Multan with ISB 3 years 9 months ago #445

Today Multan PARS EARS team comprising of me, Riaz ahmad sb , Dr Talha tariq , Uzair shafiq and Ashar went to fort munro for finding best location for repeater setup that will ideally cover multan , and layyah while keeping it connected to lahore or kk repeater , thereby creating a national vhf net for emergency communication , and relevant activities, FM location is at height of about 6000 fr above sea level , we had the following setup
Vhf base in my car with mobile antenna
And couple of baofengs with external antennas , including skyprobe antenna ( that proved benefical)
We started journey at 5.30 am , and we reached s. sarwar at 8 am, after that the hilly regions starts and that point, we switched on our radios and started monitoring all the available repeaters plus national calling frequency in hope of getting any signal
At one point we got lahore repeater morse code only for 3-4 sec and while we were climbing uphill we lost that , similary i copied mazhar bhai ... 5/9 at during the ascent .. and later we lost that too
On top of hill we had a place that had already 3 mobile communication towers we used that point to establish bany contact but unfortunately only a single attempt on handy with skyprobe was successful and that too only copied mazhar bhai from layyah ...
We stayed there for about 2-3 hours jad scrumptious dumba sajji , and later returned back to multan , we reached safely back
Overall it was a great experience and we have learnt alot , altough the primary objective of this expedition was not achieved . That may be due to many reasons like we reached late there, or there was some fault in our equipment . during all this we were having back up support from with Ap2aum ,Ap2zaf from fsd , Mazhar bhai from layyah, AP2AJM from his roof , salman bhai from lahore . We all thankful to all of the PARS members for their constant support and help .
Regards,
WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.48.07.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.52.40.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.21.58.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.21.52.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.21.58-2.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.52.46.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2020-05-31at21.52.50.jpeg

Dr M Hamid
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Asad Ullah Marwat AP2AUM.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds