Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Worth Sharing

Re:Worth Sharing 14 years 6 months ago #210

• Riffad Khan AP2RF
  • Senior Boarder
  • Excellence Combining Expertise
Asad Bhai

Everyone have its own taste measuring parameters.

Actually you are living in a HAM RADIO PARADISE whereas we have not here such resources , choices and access to such variety.

In fact I favor your feedback that I also don’t like Yaesu but their recent innovations and improvements convinced me a lot to consider their models .

FT-8800r and FT-897D are one of them. These are great Rigs from Yaesu.

The other HF models that I tested so far are TS-2000 , IC-756PROIII , IC-7000 , TS-570DG.

All these models are best performers.

Last year I was at Martin Lynch and Sons London and I was sitting in their store and enjoying all the amateur
rigs from hundred pounds to thousand pounds ….they have a wonderful LIVE display of new and latest models and one can evaluate and experience PERFORMANCE of all. They have all band antennas on the roof top … for QSO and testing signals … really enjoyed there.

I just get my Mosley TA-33 WARC , 4 BAND 4 Element yagi and I am now on HF with that one and getting great Performance over dipole.

Let’s try PSK on 20m ? I do hope we can make a direct contact if you have HF Beam .

Anyway , nice to meet you ,See you soon in AP LAND.

73s

RF
Muhammad Riffad Khalid
AP2RF
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Worth Sharing 14 years 6 months ago #211

• Asad Khan AP2ASD
  • Senior Boarder
  • This is my picture from 1982/83.
Which of the aforementioned rigs do you have now? And how did you get the beam into PK? If the vendor shipped it to you I’d like to know how much did it cost.

I just sold my TS-480HX. May be I shouldn’t have. The thing is that it’s a remote controlled radio that comes into two pieces; control head and the body. It requires a tuner and two 25 amps PS’ies or one huge 50 amps. At the end, it becomes larger and heavier than TS-2000. What people like the most about it is the 200 watts output.

If the upcoming Kenwood has a built in tuner or is the size of IC-7000, I’ll be one of the first to buy it. I don’t care if a Kenwood radio gets warm ‘cause the brand is reliable. I don’t have any installations here at all. I’m living in a rental house. Last year I planned to buy one and at the same time we got into the economic crisis. It’s out of question at this time. Hope things get better.

Asad

Re:Worth Sharing 14 years 6 months ago #212

• Riffad Khan AP2RF
  • Senior Boarder
  • Excellence Combining Expertise
Well ....

Mosley Shipped that beam direct to me in 3 months. They take orders in advance and their processing time is minimum 3 months.

The import of that beam was not less than a migraine pain. It was shipped with original invoices and values and it took 15days to clear from customs and I have to provide sufficient supporting documents to customs and handsome taxes as well.

In AP customs there is no HOBBY nor any concession .

This beam really cost me heavy that’s why I don’t want to mention here its cost.

73s

RF
Muhammad Riffad Khalid
AP2RF

Re:Worth Sharing 13 years 7 months ago #339

• Asad Khan AP2ASD
  • Senior Boarder
  • This is my picture from 1982/83.
Riffad Bhai,

Icom America has finally posted specs for IC-9100. As I suspected it’s hefty,
weighs 24.3 lbs (subject to change) whereas Kenwood TS-2000 weights
17.2 lbs. Lacks AM on VHF and UHF. FCC approval pending. Let’s hope
it’s not a flunk like its forerunner IC-746 Pro.

Asad
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Asad Khan AP2ASD. Reason: alignment
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds