Friday, April 19, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2 meter 5 element yagi

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 7 months ago #139

Dear AP2AUM

I am enclosing Constructional Details of a 2 meter 6 element Yagi Antenna that can easily be tailored accourding to your explicit requirement. The Plan is extracted from the web site hamuniverse.com, which you may book-mark for antennas as this web site is Disperine for the Hams antenna hunting Syndrome.

Good luck.

73' de

Wasay
AP2WF

Attachment 2_METER_SSB_YAGI_ANTENNA___A_6_ELEMENT_BEAM_HOMEBREW_PROJECT.pdf not found

Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 7 months ago #153

• ap2aum
Thanks a lot Wasay,

a very informative site for all Hams.

regards

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 6 months ago #232

My preference due to issue with gamma matches etc; is to always use cubical quads.

By making use of white PVC, you can construct easily a 4 element cubical quad. I made a 6 ele within several hours. Just PVC glue is needed.

The electrical junction boxes allow 4 outlets which you can put 25mm or 20mm pipes as spreaders. The driving element needs to be matched with a 1/4 wavelength 75ohm coax. Since power is not an issue, you can use good quality RG6 (copper braided vs cheap copper/alumnium sleeve).

Hope this helps.

I am a big fan of Quads. I will put out on another thread a delta quad which is a multibander.
73s.

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 5 months ago #237

Dear va3qy,

can you plz share with us the details on how to make quads for 2 meter. i am looking for one to be hooked up to a repeater that only needs coverage from one direction.

73s

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 5 months ago #239

ap2aum asked about 2m quad.

Quad antennas are very forgiving. I made mine long time ago back in 1996 back home powered; original article is no longer with me. however attaching 2 articles which are close to mine. 4 element is good enough in terms of power gain and directivity.

Use a 75ohm quarterwave. The diamond configuration is the best suited. On

Below is pvc electrical junction box you should be able to get. which has 4 inputs either sides which you can use pvc glue to put the spreaders in. You interconnect each junction box using pvc pipes as well. Now pvc pipes do not have much support for the centre boom, you insert a wooden dowel to give it the support.

For the wiring, drill holes through the pipes and thread them through. For the driving element connect it up, solder 75ohm qwave piece, you will need to trim this to get full optimised swr.

Mine was up for several years. 25W output drove it at a height of 14m and i was able to get through 100km+ over a ridge to neighbouring town in South Africa.

____| |____
| |
| |
=| O |=
| |
|_________|
| |

Let me know if you need any further help.

Sajid
Last Edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Sajid Rahim VA3QY.

Re:2 meter 5 element yagi 14 years 5 months ago #240

first document; issues uploading documents.
Last Edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Sajid Rahim VA3QY.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds